Weixin（WeChat）was founded by Tencent in January 2011, which is a mobile application which provides instant messaging , the app requires the user to have a supported mobile phone as well as a phone number (regardless countries) to sign up for it. As of the first quarter of 2015, Wechat has covered for more than 90% of the smartphone users in China, and monthly active users reached 549 million, covering more than 200 countries, with more than 20 languages in use. In addition, the total number of official account has more than 8 million brand, the number of mobile applications more than 85,000 docking, wechat payment users reach about 400 million, it is one of the largest standalone messaging apps by monthly active users.
Wechat has many features, below are those mainly in use:
- Adding New Friends
Wechat allows people to add friends by a variety of methods, including searching by QQ contacts, QQ ID, phone number, mobile contacts, wechat ID, scan QR code, message in a bottle, people nearby, shake, LinkedIn and recently update “friend radar’ function in 2015.
- Communicate between users
WeChat can sent instant messaging, voice/video call, create a group chat, sent previously saved photos, sights, give out red lucky money, transfer money between users, sharing location, share favorites file, forward name card, coupons. For those who do not speak Chinese, Wechat provide a machine service that can be a great help for communication.
- Official Account
WeChat has three type of official account:
- Subscription account, which allows account manager to broadcast one message everyday.
- Service account, which allows account manager to broadcast one message per week, but company allows to build their own website, get inquire and sent out promotion in its official account followers.
- Business account, which allows unlimited messaging, mainly use by business inside China, as it requires Chinese Mobile phone number, Chinese Residence ID, Chinese business profile (has to register in China), business account operator ID and photo.
- WeChat Moment
WeChat provides a mini twitter site for users, which allows users to post text along/without photos (9 photos maximum each post), or a 7 second sights, share favorite music and articles, friends can re-twit it if they want, as well as your contacts can comments and ‘like’ the moments. Based on a security reason, WeChat moment allows users to block certain contacts to view their post; also you can hide your contacts’ moment if you don’t like it.
- WeChat Wallet
WeChat wallet allows users to connect their bank card which allows users can transfer money between users, mobile phone top up, pay off utilities bills, public services, credit card repay, order taxi, movie ticket, rail& flights ticket etc.
- Wechat shop is another great function that allows user to set up small web-store. Users have to download the weidian apps and sign up with Chinese ID, phone number, bankcard.
Simply, start at the front of the pack and well keep you there! Ask Marketim how to do this today.